The Center for Cancer Care at Knox Community Hospital offers expertise in medical oncology and hematology.
Dr. Husain Rasheed is a board-certified medical oncologist hematologist. He is also the Medical Director of the Center for Cancer Care.
Medical oncology hematology combines two medical specialties. Oncologists specialize in treating cancers. Hematologists specialize in diseases of the blood, spleen, and lymph glands, treating such conditions as anemia, clotting disorders, hemophilia, leukemia, and lymphoma.
Advanced cancer care is available right here in Knox County.
If you have questions or would like more information about cancer treatment options, please call The Center for Cancer Care at 740.393.5551.
- American Cancer Society Patient Navigator
- Oncology Certified Nurses (OCN) on staff
- Pain and Palliative Care
- Social Services
- Wound/Ostomy Nurse
TREATMENT, TESTING, AND THERAPY
- Cancer treatment is available 5 days/week by nurses trained in cancer therapy
- Diagnostic Imaging (radiology services)
- Lymphedema Therapy
- Occupational Therapy
- Physical Therapy
- Speech Therapy
- Individual control of their own lighting
- Individual televisions with headsets