A family medicine provider is trained to care for you and your family from birth to your adult years by diagnosing and treating illnesses. Family medicine providers ensure partnerships with their patients to help prevent, understand, and manage illness, navigate the health system, and set health goals. Knox Community Hospital family medicine providers and their staff adapt their care to their patients and the community's unique needs. If patients develop a health condition that requires care from a specialist, your family medicine provider will be there to guide you and to coordinate all aspects of your care. Family Medicine providers within Knox Community Hospital are MDs, DOs, and APRN-CNPs.
Conditions Family Medicine Providers Treat:
- Routine physical exams, well-child checks, sports physicals, health screening, and immunizations
- Care for illnesses such as sore throat and colds to chronic medical conditions such as diabetes
- Treatment of minor injuries
- Health promotion and disease prevention support
- Medical consultations and referrals to a specialist when needed